Nice ideas. I have some questions. In your system:
- Should voting be mandatory ?
- Should all matters go to referendums from tax cuts to import fees for livestock?
- Should direct democracy be local too, aka city level referendums ?
- What happens when earthquakes or wars begin? Does an “emergency state” exist in a direct democracy?
- Can a direct democracy work without the technology we have today?
- In the event of an asteroid hitting the planet, how will this society of direct democracy carry on existing?
- How much political or civic time per citizen should this society assume for a perfectly rational direct democracy?
- How do things with chains of command work in a direct democracy? Should generals create referendums?
I hope you’re active here on Medium, I like your direct manner, especially since the Romanian version of your articles sound quite good and provocative :)